CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

an aneurysm-- how do you know you have one and how hard is

an aneurysm-- how do you know you have one? and how hard is it to get a C.T. scan? can i ask for one from my doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
HI and thank you for your question. Most aneurysms are asymptomatic until they burst... and then a very bad headache and loss of consciousness is the result. Generally speaking you probably would not know , because you most likely would have no symptoms. A CT scan would be done if you were suffering with headaches and a cause needed to be found. IF I can help further, just let me know:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
umm but i can get a C.T. scan just for a peace of mind??..i migraines all the time and i hate it. i dont have bad headaches but i am having dizziness and my feet are cold. i feel at my stomach sometimes too. i really just want to get back up on my feet again...
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
It depends on your insurance. They all have certain criteria for approving a CT scan. Tell your Doctor you are suffering with headaches and dizziness and want a CT scan to rule out a brain tumor or other possible cause.