Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I feel a bit of soreness in my upper eyelid, it seems as if

I feel a bit of soreness in my upper eyelid for 3 days now, it seems as if there is a bulging vein on that eyelid. Feels a bit like a bruise when you press on it. What could it be? I cannot afford to get a doctor, does this sound very dangerous?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Soreness on the eyelid could be an oncoming Chalazion. A Chalazion is a blocked eyelash gland. This causes soreness and will eventually cause a little bump on your eyelid. Most times you can apply warm, moist washcloth to the eyelid and this will help to bring the bump down and will help the soreness go as well. A stye is also another option.

As long as it is the eyelid itself and not the actual eyeball, you can continue to watch it and see if it improves on it's own. If you feel like your eyeball is sore, of course, you need to have someone check this for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem I have is that I looked this up on the computer and found that answer as well and it doesn't fit my symptoms exactly. I don't have a small bump. I have an entirely swollen vein from the top to the bottom of the eyelid, that is why I am concerned and writing to ask this question because I cannot find any symptoms online for a swollen vein.

Does a Chalazion cause an entire vein to swell up throughout the length of the eyeball?

No, a Chalazion (nor a Stye) would not cause a swollen, painful vein in your eyelid.

If you are having this type of problem, you will need to let someone take a look at this.