Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

Why my husband has chills but no fever, body ache and nausea?

My husband is having cold chills with no fever,body aches like the flu no throwing up but briefly nauseous, but no sick feeling to his stomach,but feels really bad.

Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I would like to ask you a few questions which will help me understand your husband's situation better.

Could you please tell me how long your husband has been feeling this way for?

Has he been having any diarrhea? Any abdominal pain?

Any other symptoms besides chills and nausea/

Does he have any history of chronic medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease or diabetes?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

#1 1 hour violent chills coming off the beach in hawaii, took hot shower and chilles went

away but stills feels really bad.

#2 no

#3 no other symptoms

#4 high BP took pill last night

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible that if your husband spent a long day on the beach in the sun, he could have had heat exhaustion. Too much sun can cause overheating. Symptoms of heat exhaustion are feeling nauseous, weak, having hot/cold sweats and chills.

Another possibility is that he is developing food poisoning, however, with no abdominal pain and no diarrhea, it is unlikely.

Finally, another remove possibility, however, the most serious one, is that he might be having symptoms of atypical heart attack. Sometimes heart attacks present themselves with nausea and chills. You don't necessarily have to have chest pains. With your husband's history of high blood pressure, it is a possibility.

I don't want to scare you, however, it is something on the differential list. I would suggest you call his doctor (who is hopefully in Hawaii) to discuss his symptoms. Otherwise, if he continues to feel unwell, I would suggest taking him to a local ER for an EKG and blood work (or call 911). If you have Aspirin available at home, give him 1 tablet.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.