Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

my leg puffed..conclusion that my lymph nodes in my legs were playing

Customer Question

ever since i had my little girl 4 1/2 years ago I've had nothing but health problems starting with 2 days after I had her i was at home and i had a hot shower and my leg puffed up and i could hardly walk on them i went to the hospital they had no idea what they thought it could be. they came up with the conclusion that my lymph nodes in my legs were playing up. and they sent me home I still to this day have problems with my legs when i get hot. On sunday i cut some trees down in the back yard when i came inside my legs felt funny and were sheet white and on monday at work and today my feet fell tingly. I also get light headed when this happens what do you think could be wrong?
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 6 years ago.
Did you have a difficult birth? Did it result in a c-section? Do any of your relatives have what is called lymphedema?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had a long labour natural birth and no family memeber has lymphedema that I know of. But ever since i had her I also get chest pains just under my left breast aswell on occasion and I can actually fell my heart beating really fast where the pain is with it i get shortness of breath the doctor i see has put it down to anciety but why would i feel dizzy light headed and feel like i'm going to pass out. I had chest exrays and they found nothing. When I had my daughter they had to cut me down there they left me on the bed for 1 1/2 hours before they stitched me up and when i stood up the nurses had to hold me cause they said i lost a lot of blood my labour was 36 hours long
Expert:  Kerry replied 6 years ago.
For some reason related to the birth of your child, you have what sounds like lymphedema. My best recommendation is for you to get a second opinion from a doctor not affiliated with the one you are currently seeing or the one that helped you birth your baby. Further testing will need to be done, but there are answers once you get fully diagnosed.

The link above from the Mayo clinic may help you as well.

Edited by Kerry on 3/2/2010 at 1:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
why would now one pick this up after 4 1/2 years? and would it show up in blood test?
Expert:  Kerry replied 6 years ago.
You stated you have been having problems since you gave birth. Did I misunderstand?