CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have had numbness and tingling all over my body for approx.

I have had numbness and tingling all over my body for approx. 4 years. Came on suddenly one day when I woke up and never subsided. Significanty hyper at many times with it unless on meds. Had all tests. All OK. Tried gabopentin. No help. Did come up positive for Lyme disease. Tried 2 months on intervenes antibiotics. No help. Only thing that helps to calm it a little is Xanex. Only take .25 mg tabs.
No other health issues. Don't not get sick.
Any suggestions. This is extremely frustrating.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Your symptoms of numbness and tingling are very typical of Lyme disease. If Xanax works, then take it. As long as you stay within the parameters of your Doctor's order, it's not a problem to take Xanax three times per day, for many years. The big danger is taking too much...which can lead to seratonin problems. If I can help further, just let me know:-)