Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My 25 year old daughter is a dog groomer. She is pregnant and

My 25 year old daughter is a dog groomer. She is pregnant and was just exposed to ringworm. Can this be harmful to her baby? Is the treatment medication harmful to the baby? Is she contagious before there are any breakouts? Can Doctors tell if you have it before you breakout?
Ringworm is a infection of the surface of the skin. This condition would NOT be a problem during pregnancy. I know of no studies to suggest that there would be any problem if she were to actually contact this fungal infection of the skin.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it ok for her to use a topical anti-fungal? Also, how best should she prevent giving it to her husband or pets? Is she contagious before an breakouts?
Generally there isn't an issue with treating ringworm during pregnancy. She should however NOT self-treat herself. It is important to be sure that she does indeed have this condition and discuss treatment options with her physician.

If she has any concerns, she could of course discuss these with her Ob/Gyn.