Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

kidneys..legs..kidneys.I have had the liver and kidney function test

I am on my 5 day withdrawing from a 16 year amphetemine addiction. today i just could`nt stand the pain in my kidneys anymore plus the lack of sleep,the pains in my legs and not being able to get warm.I took a small amount of amphetemine, and within a hour my kidneys stopped hurting...I have tryed many times to stop this habit but these are the worst ive withdrew before..I really want to stop but i cannot cope with the pain..all the sites i have looked at dont say anything about the pain in the kidneys.I have had the liver and kidnet function test a year ago, but to my amazement they come back clear,,,my coucilers advice was to take a week off...i am a single mom of 5 children the youngest being 15...Could you tell me if there is anything i can take to help with the pains.
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 6 years ago.
If it is okay for you to take, ibuprofen should help any kidney pain you may be having. Are you sure it is kidney pain? It is possible that this is low back, muscle spasms? In either case, it should help because ibuprofen is a smooth muscle relaxer as well as a pain pill. It will also reduce any inflammation you may be having. Also, please be sure you are drinking lots of water. This will help your kidneys as well as help you get the drugs out of your system faster. Remember, it WILL get better!
Kerry, RN

Edited by Kerry on 3/2/2010 at 12:16 AM EST