CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

My daughter got a rash on the inside of her legs lastnight.

Customer Question

My daughter got a rash on the inside of her legs lastnight. Today it is worse, she can't walk real good because she is in a lot of pain and really weak. The rash is very hot to touch too. You can feel heat coming off of it just by putting your hand close. Any ideas what this could be? My son had something similiar last week but his was gone the next morning when he woke up and wasn't any where near as bad as hers is getting. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your quesion. This is most likely a fungal rash....or an allergic reaction to the material of her pants, or to the detergent used to launder her clothing. Try using a small amount of diaper cream such as balmex, or lotrimin cream. If this does not improve in a day or two ,make appointment to see her Doctor for a diagnosis and treatment. I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can help further:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My other daughter has an reactions to certain things and it didn't make her feel like this one does. A rash from a reaction can cause you to be really weak and hurt like she is?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
If it's just strictly a rash without other symptoms it could be an every day fungal rash from legs rubbing together or sweating or detergent etc...., but Weakness indicates a virus or other illness.