CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

my right thigh between groin and knee and sometimes spreads..same leg

i have an ongoing pain in the front of my right thigh between groin and knee and sometimes spreads into my knee. I have difficulty walking without the aid of a stick. Last year I had sciatica in the same leg but I was seen by a consultant who treated it with imaging epidural. The pain was gone immediately and some time later this pain in the front of my thigh has come. Is there anything I can do or will I have to wait until it wears away? I had a groin hernia last Sept. I am female and in late seventies.
Thank you. Deedee.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi DeeDee, I am sorry you are experiencing this pain. Like Sciatica, you have an irritated nerve that is causing the pain your are feeling. The femoral nerve is located in the leg and supplies the muscles that help straighten the leg. It provides sensation to the front of the thigh and part of the lower leg. Compression of this nerve can cause the symptoms you are experiencing. The Doctor that helped you with the sciatica should be able to pinpoint the causative nerve(s) and provide a similar treatent for you. If I can help further, please let me know.