CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds be blocking or stuffed ear affecting my hearing somewhat

Hi! I have had an infection (bronchial) which has affected my hearing...I have taken 8 days of Augmentin XR my biggest sympton right now is the plugging or what seems to be blocking or stuffed ear affecting my hearing somewhat....What can I do to relieve some of this plugged feeling in my ear....Thank You...Jim
Hi Jim and thank you for your question. I am sorry you have been suffering with Bronchitis. It's likely that Your hearing is affected due to swelling in the eustatean tubes. AN over the counter decongestant ( such as sudafed) will help tremendously. If I can be of further help, please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank You...How long can I expect these symptons to last...and at what point if not resolved should I go back to the Doctor??? Thank You....Jim

Acute Bronchitis can last up to three weeks. It can takes quite some time to feel like yourself again. Once the virus has died ( usually takes a week or so) everything will get a bit better every day. Be sure to continue to drink atleast 10 glasses of water per day, take Mucinex to keep the secretions thin and easier to cough up and take a decongestant to help clear your ears. Make sure you get extra sleep.