Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Hello, I have a small sore right in back of the urethra

I have a small sore right in back of the urethra on the top of my penis. It has been there for about 2 weeks. The last time I ask this question here I was told to go and get STD tested. I did that and my results were negative. My HSV 1 was 0.25 and my HSV 2 was 0.40, I believe this is Negative? The sore seems to heal over during the day but gets a white part on top at night. Do you have any other suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

If STD have been ruled out then other possible causes should be investigated. You need to have a blood or urine test to look for possible excess glucose, and I would also suggest that the wound is swabbed for ordinary microscopy and culture to rule out a bacterial or fungal contamination.

If the STD clinic were not able to highlight possible causes then your next referral should be to a urologist for physical examination.