CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

My heart is skipping beats. I think they might call them PVC

My heart is skipping beats. I think they might call them PVC and Ptc or something like that. It is scary feeling. I did EKG, echo test and 24hrs holter and my tests were fine. At the time of tests i didnt expiriance any of them though. Lately they are happening a lot, every day, sometimes like 3-4 times in a minute. Should i be scared of a heart attack or even cardiac arest. Im paniking now
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. How old are you and are you currently taking any medications?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm 35 and only medication I'm taking is birth control and advil here and there.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) occur when there is an area in the ventricle that sends out its own premature electrical impulse. These early impulses interrupt the normal rhythm. Most often, PVCs are normal and referred to as benign. Most people have PVCs and are not aware of it, others are very sensitive to it and can feel it. Capturing your PVCs on an ECG helped your Doctor to that they are normal. Some things that seem to aggravate or bring on PVCs include caffeine and other stimulants. I hope this information helps. Please let me kniw if I can help further:-)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well, doctor didnt capture them because they didnt happend at the time of the test. All i would like to know if i shoud be woried of cardiac arrest since they happen so often, all day long , several times in a minute it is not just here and there. Should i ask for more tests to be done? Also, if i have any blocage in my blood flow, would that be cought on echo test? Should i worry about that?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
I don't think you should be worried. A normal heart can have many , many PVCs each day, but for your own peace of mind, ask for further tests.