Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

Hello i have this lump on the parm of my left hand

Hello i have this lump on the parm of my left hand and now i have been having some pain with it

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would like to ask you a few questions which will help me assess your situation better.

Could you please tell me if this lump seems to be moving underneath your skin? Is it located on the palm or on top of your hand? Is there any redness surrounding this bump? How long have you had it and has the lump gotten bigger?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello no the lump is not moving and has gottin bigger the lump is on the palm of my left hand it been there for about a month but now i am having some pain when using my hand. thank you

Thank you for your reply.

The most likely cause of the lump on your hand is what is called "Ganglion cyst". A cyst is a benign tumor filled with thick, sticky, clear, colorless, jellylike material. They are will not cause you any potential harm other than cause discomfort or pain. Quite often they have to be surgically removed. To remove a ganglion cyst is a minor outpatient procedure. I would recommend that you see an orthopedic Hand specialist for evaluation. You might need to get an ultrasound of the hand prior to seeing the specialist to visualize the size of the cyst and its consistency.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If I have answered your question, please click the green "Accept" button. Otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,