Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Having chest pains on right side that are starting to move

Having chest pains on right side that are starting to move to the middle of my chest. Painful breathing, feels like I cannot catch my breath. Vision is starting to become blurred and unclear. Moderate nausea and low grade fever of 100.5. Do I need to see a physician at all, and if so, should I wait for morning or go to the ER tonight? Thank you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 years ago.

Since how long is the pain?

Is there pain when you move your upper back or shoulder?

Any significant past medical or surgical history?

Are you diabetic, have high blood pressure, are sedentary, stressed, over weight, smoker, take alcohol?

Is your cholesterol or lipid profile normal?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Pains started about 9 hours ago and are gradually getting worse.

Pain is not there when I move my upper back or shoulder, but is starting to radiate into my neck on the right side.

I have no significant past medical or surgical history.

I am fairly healthy with the exception of a slightly elevated cholesterol level that has been reviewed by my primary care physician and he informed me that since it was only slightly elevated that it was not of a concern to him. I do not smoke and do occasionally drink alcoholic beverages, probably once a month.

Your chest pain warrants to be evaluated by a physician. Your pain can be due to pinched nerves in the neck and resultant radiculopathy pain. But this pain should be categorically ruled out any heart association. You would need an EKG and cardiac enzymes to rule out heart disease. So it would be prudent to visit ER as soon as possible.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun