CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

i took expired provera and its been 3 days no period should

Customer Question

i took expired provera and its been 3 days no period should i resume taking another dose this time not expired med?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Normally Provera is taken in dosages of 5 to 10 milligrams daily for 5 to 10 days. How many milligrams and for how many days did you take it? What was the expiration date?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
10 mg for 7 days exp date 12/08
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
When a medication is expired it has lost potency but just exactly how much is not known. I would recommend you call your Doctor and see what his recommendation is. I would think he would tell you to take the new medication, but I can't be sure.