CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

home work question My patient was taking Novlin 70/30 prior

Customer Question

home work question

My patient was taking Novlin 70/30 prior to hopital admmision. The phyican cahge her to NPH wiht a sliding sclae for regular insulin?

At 6 pm, paptients Accu-check is 288. She is due for her dose of NPH inslin How much? Can these insulins mix in same syring- if Yes, which do you draw up first and why?
30 minutes after I adminster the second dose of promethazine, the patints shoes discomfort with involutary limb movements, prtudes and retracts her tongue. What is your assessment of these systoms anf paln. What medications might a physican oerder to reverse process?
Category: Health
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. The rule is clear to cloudy. First inject air into the NPH vial..then draw up the regular, now return to the NPH and draw up the needed amount.

Is the patient receiving the promethazine diplaying seizure like symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Too Late. I turned in paper this morning
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
then why did you ask for help today at 1:20 pm? How did you do on your homework?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No -Too Late