Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)

Right side of my nose is slightly swollen, and is painful but

Right side of my nose is slightly swollen, and is painful but only when touched with any amount of pressure. It appeared this morning, yesterday I was having a toothache type pain where I had previously had an infected tooth pulled, about a year ago. But now that pain is gone and I'm having this nose problem. Any solutions without going to a doctor? I don't have health insurance and thats the last place I want to go.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

This could be due to an infection. Pain and swelling point towards inflammation which can occur due to infection(as you have not given any history of trauma). You can take motrin 3-4 times a day. Also do warm compresses from outside. If this does not help you will need a course of anti-biotics and since these are prescription drugs you will have to go to a doctor. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.