Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

If someone has an INR reading of 9, how dangerous is that

If someone has an INR reading of 9, how dangerous is that??

Hello and thank you for your question.

INR of 9 is very dangerous. It indicates how thin the blood is. INR of 9 means the blood is so thin that the person who has it can start bleeding out spontaneously (internal bleeding is very dangerous). With INR of 9.0, person will need to be admitted to the hospital and reversed it with IV treatment of Vitamin K.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you need any clarification or have any additional questions, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you further.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please click the green "ACCEPT" button, otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get compensated for my work.

Best wishes,

Julia