Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner

does Slimentia work, and what are the side effects

Category: Health
Expert:  Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN replied 6 years ago.

I want to provide you with the best possible information, so I would like to ask you a question. How did you hear about this product? Did you receive an ad in the mail?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got an ad in the mail about Slimentia

Thank you for responding. This product has created some internet buzz. Based on the advertisement, I understand why it is so tempting to consider; however, as a health care provider, I would have to advise against it. I will explain. First of all, there does not appear to be any data that corroborates their weight loss claims. There is minimal to no literature on the product. This is not uncommon for products not FDA approved. Most supplements are not FDA approved, so claims are not challenged or regulated the same way as FDA approved drugs, such as prescription drugs. Also, supplements don't have the same clinical trial requirements as FDA regulated medications. In addition, with this product, there is a definite lack in representation. There is no real online resource with regard to the company promoting the drug; therefore, there is little resource for consumers to contact the company. At this point, if you were my patient, I would advise against using this product. Now, with this being said, I would be more than happy to discuss other options available for weight loss, if you tell me more about your weight loss goals. In addition, if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. Lisa