Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

had my 31 week midwife appointment..results of my 28 week blood test

This is a quick question. I have just had my 31 week midwife appointment. She got the results of my 28 week blood test. She just said everything is fine and made a note of my hg level in my notes. So all was fine and she said see you in a few weeks.
when I got home I was putting my notes away and noticed all aspects were in the required normal levels.
There was a star by packed cell volume mine was 0.344 normal range was 0.36 – 0.46.
Now I am presuming this is fine if not she would have referred me to docs etc. but just wanted to know what this meant. Didn’t fancy going to docs as she had said all is fine.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
What blood test was this for - your glucose testing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it was my standard 28 weeks tests for my iron levels mainly i think. however the page had lots of diffferent tests etcc
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Most likely the amount of blood collected was not within the 'standard' range - but the results of the tests should still be accurate since they really only need a 'drop' of blood to run many of the tests including glucose levels, blood counts (iron), etc.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so it is not really significant that on the paper mine were a small percent out.

like i say she was fine with them made no reference. I have just have a history of OCD so do worry about everything and wanted to check that is not something to worry over!

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Usually quantity of a blood sample is insignificant - because percentages or something like mg/dL are reported out, so a quantity is insignificant. So, you do not have anything to be concerned about, especially since these were standard labs.
Take care.