DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

I have a Carbuncle on the back of my neck, left side. I have

I have a Carbuncle on the back of my neck, left side. I have been treating it with warm compresseses and triple-antibiotic ointment, per internet instructions. It is getting smaller and less inflamed. BUT, I am having pain in my jaw on the left, some sinus pain, stomach discomfort and have become *very* fatigued.

I have read there is a danger of the infection spreading or even sepsis [however that's spelled]. I have no fever -- in fact my temp is running below 98 F ~97.4.

Should I see the doctor? Should I try to lance it myself? The fatigue is especially worrisome.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.

To be on safer side you should visit your doctor and get your self examined by your doctor.

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I would like more information. Any site would tell me that -- my new insurance covers virtually nothing and a trip to the doctor would be very expensive. Is there a specific reason in my description?
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 7 years ago.
These symptoms are not related to your carbuncle mostly.

Jaw on the left, some sinus pain, fatigued can be due to sinus infection and you need to get it examined by your doctor.

Thanks