Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

I get burning sensation in a spot on my leg what could be causing

I get burning sensation in a spot on my leg what could be causing that not continuously but just about everyday. I am 53 years old could this be a form of menapluse?

Is the burning on the skin or deeper within the tissue?

Anything to see on the surface of the leg?

How long has it been a problem?

What is the exact location?

Any problems with your back?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

feels deeper within the skin

no discoloration

within the last month i been noticing the burning sensation on the side of my lower leg on the side where my muscle is located

have lower back aches

Thank you for the extra information,. This is unlikely to be related to menopause. The main causes of burning pain in the leg would be a nerve compression problem relating to the lower back or a localized problem which may be infection or inflammation. The fact that there is no discoloration means this is less likely to be infection however it should be checked out in person to ensure there is no problem with the circulation in the leg. If you have long standing back problems then a lumbar spine MRI might be worthwhile.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Something you mentioned about inflamation I just went to the Wilmer Eye Inst 2 weeks ago for my 3 month checkup to find that inflamation was reacurring I have Uveitis. and Glucoma. Just wondering if any connection?

I would be concerned if the inflammation was around a joint or was showing signs of a skin rash, as uveitis can sometimes occur with other systemic inflammatory problems. If you have not mentioned this leg problem to a doctor then I would suggest that you see your family doctor and discuss your full history so that he can rule out any relationship with your eye problem.

He may wish to do some blood tests to see if there is systemic inflammation.