Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

My right leg and foot is cold and feels numb, but not numb,

Customer Question

My right leg and foot is cold and feels numb, but not numb, dead, but not dead. I can't explain it. It started about 5-7 days ago and has gotten progressively worse. Yesterday I could relieve the symptoms with a strenuous workout and the relief lasted most of the evening, but tonight the workout only relieved this feeling temporarily. As soon as I got back home, the feeling returned worse than ever. My left foot and leg feel fine. Help, what could it be? I can't stand it!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

What is the color of the leg and foot? Any color change? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Do you take any medicine?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The right foot is slightly pale but not blue. The numb feeling tends to radiate up my calf into the lower half of my right inside thigh. Yes, I take lamictal, Lovastatin for high cholesterol and Taztia for Coronary Artery Spasm and resultant variable angina. I have congenital heart disease (teratology of fallot) but no coronary artery disease.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The symptoms sound like impairment of blood supply in the lower limb. You have to get a consultation in ER as soon as possible for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis and intervention as necessary. Doppler study may be required.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you saying I need to go to ER now?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
As you symptoms of numbness is increasing from foot to thigh. Tomorrow is holiday. I would take advice asap .