CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Last week I thought I had a splinter in my foot. I tried to

Customer Question

Last week I thought I had a splinter in my foot. I tried to extricate it to no avail. If fact, I am not sure there is an object embedded. A round raised bump has now developed on the ball of my foot which is sensitive and painful. It is also red around the edges but white in the circle. I have attached a picture. It does not look like the normal blister that usually disappears after popping. Should I see a GP or a podiatrist? Or can I treat it myself? I have no insurance and want to avoid a merry go round with referrals.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Please upload the picture to a server such as photo bucket, we can not see attachments here. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I hope this works. My first time. Crossing my fingers! Thanks!
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
I would recommend that you see your Podiatrist for this as it does appear to have a foreign body. The area is infected so you will need antibiotics, and treatment.