Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

I have found a larger than pea size soft lump inside the vagina

I have found a larger than pea size soft lump inside the vagina just sitting there quietly causing no irritation. I have a history of cysts and have had my left ovary and tube removed, what could this be

Hello and thank you for your question.

Could you please tell me if the lump is movable? Can you roll it between your fingers? Does this lump feel like its underneath the skin of the vaginal wall or sitting on the top of the skin?

Thanks,

Julia

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the lump is soft and can roll between the fingers it is on top of the skin

Thank you for your reply.

There is a possibility of this lump being a small cyst on the skin. The fact that it is soft and movable is a good sign indicating benign origin. Cysts, however, are usually under the skin (what I meant by under the skin is that it is very close to the skin surface, however, a thin layer of skin is covering it).

I would recommend seeing your OB/GYN for a pelvic exam where this lump can be visualized. If it causes you no discomfort and will not be getting bigger, you can leave it alone. If it starts to cause irritation (especially during intercourse), if it bleeds, or gets larger, you should then have it excised.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any other questions or need any clarificiation, please let me know. I will be happy to assist.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click the green "accept" button. Otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get credit for my work.

Best wishes,

Julia

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me feel a little better i will see a doctor as soon as i can, with my history of cysts your diagnosis does not surprise me

You are very welcome. I am glad I was able to ease up your mind.