Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Assistant Professor OB/GYN with 40 years of experience. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

Hi. My child has a cavity, that has starting to get light brown.

Customer Question

Hi. My child has a cavity, that has starting to get light brown. I have been to a dentist. The dentist said that she is too young to get a filling.She is 2 years and 8 moonths. She drinks only water and unsweetened soymilk. She eats sweets only seldom in the weekend. I brush her teeths 2 times pr day and gives her fluoride tablets.
I think we have to wait at least 6 months before the dentist give her a filling. So I wonder if there is something that can take away the light brown colour in the tooth until filling is possible? Something that is safe for children?
Category: Health
Expert:  Alan Gibstein, M.D. replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer You can try the following; mix some bicarbonate of soda with hydrogen peroxide to make a paste.Using Q-tip rugb some paste into the surface of the tooth to bleach it. It is safe and might work.

Good luck