CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Hi, i am a black female,47 yrs old. i have palpitations, hot

Hi, i am a black female,47 yrs old. i have palpitations, hot sweats, especially at nights.this is not showing in blood tests yet. i have tried lady care ( magnet) and it helped for a short while, and i am now trying evening primrose 1G daily.
my doctor's monitoring my blood levels concerned about low white cell count and neurophils. i've had some severe headaches , especially the right side of my head. I've also experienced what i think have been seizures, two to be precise. both times i was already in bed, and the experience seems to have been on my right side of body. this included face, arm and leg. i felt paralysed and unable to move. i tried to call to my husband,but could not make a sound. i felt as if my body literally seized up. the only problem is i am not a 100% sure this was not a dream. all i know is both times before going to bed, i was extremly tired, in fact exhausted. my husband wasn't aware of anything.
what could my blood levels/symptoms be an indication of?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
HI and thank you for your question. If I may ask are you still having monthly periods?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Camille, my periods are infrequent now. Removed mirena coil a year ago, and my last period was october 2009. last 3 periods were aug, sep, oct. very heavy and painful.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry for the delay.

When you are in REM sleep your body is naturally paralyzed, if you are awakened in this rem sleep you will not be able to move and may feel all the things you have described, this is called sleep paralysis and is normal:-) As far as the other symptoms, this could be a hormone imbalance due to perimenopause. Neutropenia ( low white blood cells) can be present in normal healthy people, especially in black or Arabic and Yemenite Jews. Some possible causes of low white blood cells include Vitamin deficiencies (megaloblastic due to b12 and folate deficiencies) and leukemia. I would recommend you see your gynecologist for the menopausal symptoms, sometimes birth control can help with these symptoms. There are also a host of holistic approaches...here is a link for this:

http://www.liferesearchuniversal.com/menopause.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Camille, this didn't answer my query regarding the feeling of a seizure i experienced.i understand my body goes into paralysis when sleeping. what i need to know is what was happening when i experienced the whole of my my right side of my body seizing. it was extremly frightening, and i actally thought i was going to die of a stroke.

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
That is more than likely sleep paralysis... it can feel seizure like, it occurs when awakened in REM sleep. This is very common. Unless this happens at another time, while in a wakeful state, I don't think it is worrisome....but if you are still concerned you could ask your Doctor for a neurological consult to rule out other possible problems.
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.