CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

my shoulders/chest, but I can feel it all over my body (

Customer Question

Hi, I am a wm, 32. For almost a year I have been having the feeling of heavy beating in my head and last couple of weeks my entire body is in an exalted condition - I have the feeling that everything vibrates within me, and that any time it could manifest itself on the outside too. It is especially strong around my shoulders/chest, but I can feel it all over my body (in arms and legs too). It gets worse when I am relaxed and trying to fall asleep in the night. My hands don't shake very visibly (just a mild tremor at this stage). In addition to all this, I sometimes feel pain in the middle and lower back, the latter occasionally coupled with the feeling of nerves being pulled at the lowest section of the spine, which results in a signal that can go all the way to my head. My sexual function and urinary function are affected too, in that I have the feeling of my nerves being sensitive and tired. I am mostly scared for the mentioned tremors. Do you know what this could be? Many thanks..
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Hi Marko

You are describing a fairly common occurance....often this can not be pin pointed to a specific cause. Internal tremors as you describe may be due to a hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiency, blood sugar imbalance, fatique, anxiety or a neurological problem, for example,nternal tremor is an early symptom of Parkinson's. I would recommend you see a Neurologist who is best trained to help you to find a diagnosis and treatment. Here are some interesting articles from people in your situation:

I hope this information helps you:-)