CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

pain is burning and it goes down into my hip

I fell hard about two weeks ago...I had severe bruising on my backside. I still have bruising but I also have a large bowling ball sized area that is very swollen and hard...the pain is burning and it goes down into my hip.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am sorry for your fall. The ball you are feeling is likely a big bruise... possibly a periosteal bruise , which is when the blood vessels as well as the outer layer of bone is damaged. This kind of bruise is very painful and is the type that may result from a very hard hit. It may take several months to heal. Did you have it x-rayed to make sure nothing is fractured? Treatment would have been ice to the area for 20 minute intervals for the first 48 hours or so. The pain and burning down your hip indicated nerve invlovement, probably due to swelling causing a compression of the nerve (s). I would recommend you see your Doctor to make sure everything is healing well.