CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

two questions for you it started last night a small lump just

Customer Question

two questions for you it started last night a small lump just inside the naval and is hurting around the right side of the naval. what could be causing this. second was on friday I was informed by the surgeon I seen he was sending me back to my urology dr. I had surgery to remove vericous veins (vericocelle) in the left testicle. I had surgery on the 17th of dec for this. On christmas eve I took a fall on some ice and landed on my left side. I had a ultrasound done a week ago in the area of the left testicle. They found a hematoma 6 X 4 3/4 X 4 1/4 cm. The surgeon didn't tell me much more but is there anything I need to watch out for with this hematoma
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question today. Over time your body will reabsorb the blood in the hematoma ( this could take a few weeks to several months) . The pain is caused by the swelling in the confined area. The most common treatment for a hematoma of the scrotum consists of scrotal support ( to restrict movement and decrease pain) , nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications( such as ibuprofen) , ice packs (applied to the groin at least every 3-4 hours), and bed rest

The pain you are feeling around your navel may or may not be related to this, but it certainly bares investigation, I would recommend you let your Doctor know about this new pain first thing in the morning.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My dr has been having me on percocet for the pain for the hematoma. But this new problem came up after a bowl movement and was constipated. the belly buttom feels warm to the touch also.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
I almost don't even want to tell you this,because of how much you are already suffering, but I must....

Do you still have your appendix? The main symptom of appendicitis is pain around the belly button. It may feel like indigestion or it may feel like you have to have a bowel movement , you may also feel gassy. What to watch for with this is if it begins to move to the lower right side, if you develop nausea or a fever.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Wrong information what I had was Strangulated Umbilical Hernia with Infection. Next time try referring to a Dr if you are not sure of answer. If in doubt ask more questions
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I WILL NOT CLICK ACCEPT FOR THIS ANSWER
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunatly, we are not always able to be certain what a particular problem is. In your case, the problem was clouded by the symptoms of your recent fall and surgery. I am sorry, but I tried to help you.

I hope you have a nice day:-)

Edited by CamilleRN on 2/25/2010 at 4:21 PM EST