Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

I have copd. I am tired all the time. I try to walk but get

I have copd. I am tired all the time. I try to walk but get very winded.Should I be using oxygen while walking. Can that hurt my lungs more? My oxygen level is 94. Can that be whats making me so tired or can it be depression.
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 6 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

a) Since when are you feeling more tired and exhausted?

b) How is your sputum/ phlegm? Has it changed colours/ has it increased in amount?

c) Any fever/ cold/ flu recently?

d) Any blue tinge over fingernails?

e) What is the present stress/ anxiety level say on a scale of one to ten?

f) Any other symptom?

g) Any other medical issues/ significant history?

Thanks. Shall be waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have diabetes 2 with only dieting. I have high blood pressure and collesteral both are under control with meds. I have depression which seems under control with meds .I am frustrated do to getting easily winded. My sputom has not increased in amount or color. I have not been sick. Have been hospitalized twice in 2 years for low pul socks.

Thanks for the additional details. Having gone through your description it seems that you may be requiring a thorough check by your doctor and maybe the element of depression may be affecting you and aggravating the present condition. Oxygen therapy is generally recommended when the PaO2 falls below 55 mm Hg.

Please check in with your doctor to get yourself checked up thoroughly and get appropriate treatment/ review of treatment for the COPD as well as for associated depression as it would help.

I hope that this helps. Best wishes. Please feel free to enquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can.