Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have a pinched nerve in my groin..How best to treat this..very

I have a pinched nerve in my groin..How best to treat this..very painful.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hi there, when conservative methods do not work (such as massage and chiropractic manipulation), you may need to seek out more aggressive treatment. Nerve pain is usually treated with prescription medication such as Neurontin and Lyrica. This will sometimes help the pain until the nerve irritation subsides. The problem is if the pain does not resolve or it keeps coming back. Then you will need to treat the underlying condition that is causing the nerve pain to begin with such as lumbar spine problems (herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, etc). For now, you can take some Advil or Motrin for the pain and inflammation as long as you are not allergic to either one or you have medical conditions that would prevent you from taking them.

***** Reply back if needed....Don't forget to click Accept if this information that I have provided has been helpful, I wish you the best! Hope this helps!********