Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

there is a constant throbbing in my ears,there is no pain,its

there is a constant throbbing in my ears,there is no pain,its like my sinus is plugged,I breath fine,no mucas,the throbbing is driving me crazy,Ifeel it and hear it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 years ago.
Do you feel noise in ears? like heartbeat or ringing ?
Do you have associated loss of hearing ?
Any medical history of hypertension ,anxiety,cardiac pathology,sinusitis?
Are you taking any medication?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Stuffy nose ?
Phelgm at back of throat?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its like a heartbeat,no loss of hearing, I has a sinus infection,only meds. sudafed,ibuprofen, about two weeks after sinus infection, a friend gave me some antibiotics but I didn't have enough for the full course of treatment ( clindamycin 300 mg capsules ) no stuffy nose, no phelgm. kind of like cotten in my head..
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 years ago.
As you describe there may be possibility of pulsatile tinnitus in your case.

In pulsatile tinnitus, people hear something resembling their heartbeat in their ear due to a small blood vessel that is coupled by fluid to ear drum.
Apart from this it can be due to Eustachian tube blockage from sinusitis as well.

It is advised to undergo a clinical examination of ears , blood pressure monitoring, Lipid panel,X-ray of paranasal sinuses for further evaluation .
In the meantime you should take steam inhalation .
Do nasal irrigation as well.
Drink plenty of water .
You should avoid excessive intake of caffeine and alcohol consumption.
I suggest you to consult an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no health ins.,is there something over th counter I could take while I do everything else you suggested, I drink about four cups of coffee a day which i'll cut back on, I already drink lots of water between10 or 12 glasses a day, not that much alcohole,how do you do nasel irrigation,
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 years ago.
As you have something resembling your heartbeat so it can be pulsatile tinnitus and it relquires a detailed examination by a doctor .
Even doctor may prescribe you medications as well.
Inthe meantime you an try self care measures as well.
Nasal irrigation -

Xylometazoline nasal drops - Otrivin nasal drops 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC).
Antihistamines - Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC)
Use a humidifier in your room since drying of the sinuses can cause this.
Warm compresses on the sinus areas will give relief.
Vit. C supplement: 1000 mg daily (available OTC).

Apart from this it is very essential to undergo an ENT examination by an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management in your case.
Blood pressure monitoring should be done as well.
I hope this helps.