Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

My urine appears to be sudsy or has bubbles in it, I am a 57

My urine appears to be sudsy or has bubbles in it, I am a 57 year old male. What can cause theses symptoms?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Since how long?How is the sediment? How frequent ? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken? Please mention your age and gender.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am a 57 year old male. The sudsy urine comes quite frequently. I had a hernia on the right side of my groin when I was about 15 which was operated on. The past few years I had a swelling on my left side
above the groin. Sometimes it feels like there is gas or some type of stomach digestion in that are.Sometime the swelling is down, but when I urinate it inflates like a ballon
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

Foamy or sudsy urine occurring frequently needs investigations to find out the cause. It may be that you urinated rapidly or that your urine was concentrated from dehydration . Taking adequate water can correct that problem . However as it is continuously happening then it may indicate passage of large amount of protein which indicates kidney diseases. The swelling in the left side due to development of hernia on the left side. Sometimes it can be complicated if not operated.You should then have a consultation with your doctor.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish you a healthy life.
Any query, please ask.