Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

How do you raise your pulse rate

How do you raise your pulse rate?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
What is your pulse rate? Why do you want to raise it? Do you have any health issues?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Pulse rate varies from 67 to 60. I have lost my weight down to 136 and am healthy, Take blood pressure medication ..current doctor says my pulse is too low. I feel great..
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
It looks like your pulse rate is within normal range. Pulse rate below 60 is considered bradycardia and there is always a reason behind it. There are many possible cause of low pulse rate, you can view the list from click here. I see that now you are on blood pressure medication, sometimes meds can play a role for low pulse rate. As you are in touch with your doctor, and do not have any symptoms due to low pulse rate. I would suggest you to have a regular follow up and monitor it. If it starts running below 60 most of the time then, you will need further investigation to find out the cause and an appropriate treatment.