Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

On my right side just below my armpit I am experiencing a slight

On my right side just below my armpit I am experiencing a slight pain that comes and goes. It feels as though that portion is swollen when my right arm is down. Now there seems to be a tenderness on my upper right side going to my back. I did a breast exam and do not feel any lumps. I am a type 2 diabetic.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your time.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 6 years ago.

Do you have a fever ?

Have you had any tests for this ?

Since when do you have these symptoms ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
At first about a month or so this started to happen. Now, it seems more puffy and the pain is slight and goes from below my right armpit, across my back and sometimes above my right breast. Just where the right arm crease and my breast. My left side is fine, that is why I am noticing the difference.

This can be an infection of the Breast Substance, a Mastitis that is causing the pain.

This need not cause any lumps that can be felt.

Other possibilities can be Muscle spasms of the Pectoral muscles or even a Pinched Nerve at the Shoulder / Neck that can cause such a pain.

You can try gentle arm stretches to see if this helps, other than that, an examination and blood tests would tell if this is a Chronic Breast Infection, a Mastitis, that would need to be treated accordingly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX