Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

my b/p is 134/93 my eyes get blurry on and off, am i in danger

Customer Question

my b/p is 134/93 my eyes get blurry on and off, am i in danger? dont want to be on med. i tried to control my b/p with garlic and exercise what do you think...
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Blood pressure of 134/93 does not put you at any immediate or even short-term risk or danger. Your upper number is XXXXX to be in the 110-120s but not necessarily abnormal in the 130s, just border-line high. Your buttom number should be in the 70-80 but 93, again, is not a very dangerous number.

The first route to control your blood pressure is always life-style, especially if your blood pressure is just border-line high. I have not heard of garlic being using for blood pressure control and honestly, do not think it would be helping you.

What is very important that you cut out salt from your diet. Cutting down on sodium can lower your blood pressure by 7-10 points. Also, you can follow a diet called "DASH" diet - it stands for Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension. There are many different articles and recipes and examples provided for you on line for it.

Exercise is very important, 30 minutes per day of cardio exercise, 5 times per week will help you loose weight and keep your blood pressure down.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any clarification, let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click the green "Accept" button so that I can get credit for my work.

Best wishes,

Julia