Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I am having blood drip from my Anus after I pee sitting down.

I am having blood drip from my Anus after I pee sitting down. I have been having blood on the toliet paper every once in awhile after bowel movements for about a month, but now I am having blood drip after I pee. Any idea what this could be. I am a female in my early 20's? Could this be a case of hemorrhoids or anal fissures. Also can i give a few days to see if it clears up? Also this did not happen until I took a bowel movement and now for last 24 hours it happens everytime I pee.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Did you have a painful bowel movement prior to this happening?
Are you having pain in the anal area now?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nothing painful recently, but I did have one a while ago that might have cause the blood to be on the toliet paper, but yesterday it was normal and then it started to drip after I peed
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
Can you feel any hemorrhoids or lumps coming out of the anus?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I can not; nothing hurts down there. My husband was even brave enough to see if he saw anything and didn't notice any lumps around the area.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
Ok, thank you for the information,

If you aren't having any pain or lumps, then it is unlikely that you have an external hemorrhoid or an anal fissure. Fissures are usually very painful.

An internal hemorrhoid is a possibility but without being able to examine you, I recommend that you see a doctor for an exam.

Rectal ulcers, polyps, infections and inflammation of the rectum are all potential causes as well.
In someone your age, hemorrhoids are the most likely source.

Any rectal bleeding without an obvious source needs to be evaluated by a doctor.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it prudent I see a doctor right away or may I wait a fews days so I can see my GP instead of a walkin Clinic?
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
As long as you are not having pain or heavy bleeding (clots) then it can likely wait until you can see your regular doctor.

Dr Abby