Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

My symptoms are sore throat, headache, neck pain, sharp pain

My symptoms are sore throat, headache, neck pain, sharp pain behind my right eye, temp is 96.2. I suffered several bouts of tonsilitis as a child that contributed tonsil stones that are a constant happening. Right eye sometimes flitters, small chest pain with sensation down left arm. Anemia, high BP, and colon cancer runs in family. I have not been as active or aerobic latley, could that be part of the cause? I feel extremley lazy or tired, this is not normal for me. Is this something urgent?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

How long are you having those symptoms?

Is there any tenderness anywhere?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sore throat 6 days tapering now. Headache and neck pain 3 or 4 days. Sharp pain behind eye 1 day. I have ran a low grade temp during this time with the acception of taking fever reducing meds which during that time temp would be 98.3. Tenderness is down the right and back side of my neck and shoulders. My ears do hurt ,the family Dr. said they did not look bad, but having a sore throat would increase pain. Jaws and temples tender. Chest tender. Eyes are tender, lack of better term. Diabetics are also in my family.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

Sore throat can be caused a number of factors.

It can be due to infection like viral or bacterial.

Sometimes it can be related to allergies .

The presence of pain can be due to a viral infection or it can be related to other problems.

The neck & shoulder pain can be from musculoskeletal cause unrelated to it, or from meningeal involvement.

The pain behind the eyes with postnasal drip can be due to sinus involvement or sinusitis.

Viral infection usually passes off in 3 -5 days.

If you feel any worsening of symptoms you can have a review by doctor.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.