CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

The tip of my tongue is sore there are small bumps they are

The tip of my tongue is sore there are small bumps they are either white or red. I have been getting these on and off since I was about ten. I have tried many different things, most every doctor has said it was a different thing or caused by different things. This bout has been particularly bad and has lasted longer than usual. any ideas of what to do and or what it is would be great.
Hi and thank you for your question. This sounds to be a food sensitivity. Can you pin point a particular food that you have eaten that may have caused this reaction? Sometimes salty foods will cause tongue can sour foods.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't think it was from one type of food I think it is from something internal lack of vitamin virus stomach uneasy any ideas on how to make it go away
Glossodynia is the medical name for a sore tongue. A candida infection can cause a red or white irritated sore tongue. When candida is white, it easily rubs off from the surface of the tongue. A patient with an iron deficiency may experience a sore tongue. Several vitamin deficiencies including B12 can contribute to the problem. Some diseases such as diabetes , Crohn's disease and celiac disease can also be the cause. Other causes are lichen planus, salivary disorders, metabolic disorders, hormonal imbalances, chemical or drug toxicities, kidney disease, drug sensitivities, blood dyscrasias and collagen vascular disorder. Rinsing with Baking soad in warm water and eating raw carrots may help with this discomfort.