Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

For several weeks my right hand has been significantly colder

For several weeks my right hand has been significantly colder than the left. I had frostbite about 7-8 years of age, but hand no permanent disability to my dominant hand is the right and I use my right hand to click the mouse, but my hand should not be this cold.
Could it be just my age (42) and the winter season?
P.S. NO PAIN, NO Numbness, No Tingling.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

There can be several reasons for your hand being cold. The main thing is the cold weather we are experiencing here in the US (if you are in the US).....most times one hand being colder than the other is not cause for concern unless you have other symptoms. In that case, the problem could be one of a neurological nature. Other causes would include a circulation problem as if the peripheral vessels are not working well. Raynaud's Syndrome can also cause cold fingers and toes and can be unilateral. I think since this has not resolved on it's own and it has been going on for 'several weeks', I'm sure you are ready to get treatment, so I would recommend that you see your regular Dr first, and then let them refer you out to a Neurologist if they feel like you would be better served with a specialist.

************* Don't forget to click Accept if this information that I have provided has been helpful. Reply back if needed, if not, I wish you the best! Hope this helps!***********

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
From one nurse to another. Thanks....don't like taking meds.....maybe I eat more dark green leafy veges...get my blood count up...I also have a problem with anemia.......In my youth it was painful but no pain just unusaul cold and right in between my the "walking dead."Smile

Hi there!

Anemia could certainly cause cold hands as well...have you had your blood checked lately?