A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

i have a constant feeling of butterflies in my stomach and

i have a constant feeling of butterflies in my stomach and i am also taking dizzy spells what does this mean
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. What tests has your doctor run so far?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
none i am also diabetic have been for 26 years and also have under active thyroide

Thanks for the additional information which is quite important. Either a change in your blood glucose level or your thyroid level can cause the jittery butterfly feeling. So can simple anxiety. The first step would be to have blood tests to make sure your endocrine problems are being adequately addressed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you think i could be pregnant i had a aby last year in febuary but he was stillborn i want a baby so much do you think i am letting my imagination run riot

The only way to tell if you are pregnant would be to take a pregnancy test at least a week after a missed period, and use the first urine of the morning which would have the highest concentration of pregnancy hormone. Earlier than that can cause false positives. It can just be nerves/anxiety and wishful thinking. Butterflies isn't a symptom of pregnancy. The first symptom to look for is missing your period.