A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

what is the LGB diabetes treatment and where can yu get it

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Susan RN replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer just to be sure I understand what you are asking can you please tell me what LGB stands for? THank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know I read it online' regarding a study in bottomline health news andthatif all the info they gave except an md in pennsylvania had great success using it to cure diabetes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a Dr Schauer conducted the clinical trial and the name I supplied was what it was called. They claim great cure results
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

When you opt out an expert, they are no longer allowed to respond to your follow-up questions.

Dr. Schauer is chief of bariatric surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. LGB or LAGB is laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding. A band is placed around the top portion of the stomach restricting how much food can be eaten at a time (about the size of an egg to a tennis ball). As the person loses weight, their diabetes will improve in the overwhelming majority of cases of type 2 diabetes, since obesity is central to this disease. That is what is meant by a "cure." It is only useful if the person with Type 2 diabetes is significantly overweight. Bariatric surgery (banding or bypass) is available at most hospitals, just look in your area under bariatric surgeons. You can read more in the links below.