Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

I burned both my palms last sunday. I have blisters on one

I burned both my palms last sunday. I have blisters on one finger on each hand. also I have blisters on both palms. The blisters on one habd are from the small finger to the meaty part of my palm. The other hand has a blister on the meaty part under the tumg. The rest of the palm feels scalded but is not blistered or red. There is some swelling of both hands.
I have been keeping them dry, clean and covered. I have tried Burn Jel Plus and neosporin. But they still feel as if I just burned them. Should I have them looked at by a docter or are they healing normaly.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

In addition to the Ointments that you are applying, it would also help to drape a sterile gauze, that would protect the burned area from further injury.

Do not break these blisters, the skin acts as a natural dressing.

If the area is fairly large and painful, you need to consider seeing a doctor for an examination and a prescription for Oral Antibiotics and Pain medicines if required.