Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Assistant Professor OB/GYN with 40 years of experience. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

Im a 36 yr old woman and I have a pain at the crease of my

Customer Question

I'm a 36 yr old woman and I have a pain at the crease of my upper right leg and lower pelvis. It's a deep dull pain and I can tell it's not associated with a muscle group. What could the problem be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Alan Gibstein, M.D. replied 6 years ago.
Dear gal cara; A pain in that specific area is usually of muscle or skeletal origin. but there are many possibilities. It may be a simple groin pull or strain. It could be the first sign of a hernia,which is just as common in women as men. A simple test is to see what increases and what decreases the pain. If it disappears or lessens with lying, that suggest a weakness or strain. If not,it could be ligament or tendon injury. It does not sound as though this is deep inside of the pelvis. If you have no difficulty with urination or bowel movements or periods, I would try Motrin or Aleve, 3-4 tablets every 4-6 hours for 1-2 days. If persistent, see your GP. Good luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi there
Thanks for your quick answer. The pain seems to flare up (not that painful) and pulse but happens when I'm literally just sitting here watching a movie, lying down or standing up. Are there lymph nodes or main arteries in the upper inner thigh? I wonder if this is a problem with lymph or vein issues.
If this was lymph nodes, there would be a tender lump in the groin area. A "vein" issue would also be associated with redness of the skin over a vein or local tenderness. This doesn`t sound like either.