Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

top of my thumb,it in between my armpit and breast,now its become

Customer Question

ive just noticed a lump the size of the top of my thumb,it in between my armpit and breast,now its become a bit sore
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hello

You have quite a few lymph nodes in this area. Lymph nodes play a huge role in filtering out infection. This very well could be a lymph node or several lymph nodes together that have become inflammed. Since you just noticed it, it might not have been there long and the palpation is probably making it sore and tender. My suggestion is to try to not touch this area and give it a few more days. It should and probably will resolve on it's own. If it does not, however, or gets larger, etc...you will need to present it to your Dr and let them do an Ultrasound.

Hope this helps! Reply back if needed

********************

Don't forget...You will need to click ACCEPT or the $$$ you have put down as a deposit will not go to me. JustAnswer.com will hold your deposit and I will not get credit for my time and efforts.