CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I will sometimes develop a rash after sex on my pubic area

I will sometimes develop a rash after sex on my pubic area and thighs but not my penis. I went to the doctor in the past and he told me it was from friction. I used hydrocortisone cream and it would go away after a few days. This only happens with certain girls however and I heard that a high PH can cause this. I am also taking Prilosec and I heard this raises the PH. Can you assist me with this so I don't get this everytime?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. Prilosec increases your intragastric PH and wouldn't siginificantly affect your skin in this way. You could try using a barrier cream, rubbed in well, to prevent friction irritation. There is a particularly good cream called Mayron's good baby cream flund here:

<p> I hope this information helps you. Please remember to click accept. Thank you and Happy New Year! :-)