Karen RN, BSN
Karen RN, BSN, Nurse
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in Med Surg nursing, Oncology, Neurology, Home health and Hospice

i was in a minor car accident this morning (went in the ditch

Customer Question

i was in a minor car accident this morning (went in the ditch & hit a mailbox, no one else involved) and the windshield broke. Now, my throat feels like something small and sharp is caught in it... might have swallowed a tiny piece of glass? Can I gargle something? Or should I just go see a doctor... thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Karen RN, BSN replied 6 years ago.

Hi Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Definately if you feel you have some glass in your throat you need to be seen in the ED. If this is glass and you procede to swallow it it could cause a lot of damage in your gi tract, it goes back to BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY.

If my answer has helped you please indicate so by clicking on the Green ACCEPT button. Karen