CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

am currently on cymbalta. It seems to make part of my stool

am currently on cymbalta. It seems to make part of my stool hard and clumpy. I went to my doc last June (prior to going on cymbalta) and he diagnosed me with an anal fissure after a rectal exam. I will pass a large stool but at one end it will be lumpy and very hard and have very very slight blood and mucus. I am 32 yrs old. I am very worried as this may be cancer. I have no family history of colon cancer. Does this seem like cancer or should i ask my doctor to put me on somthing else? I dont want to have a colonscopy, i am scared.
Hi and thank you for your question. No, this does not sound like canucer.. some fiber would benefit you greatly by helping to bulk up stool. Try using benefiber and also make sure you drink atleast 8 eight ounce glasses of water per day. This should eliminate the variable stool consistency and promote less painful stools. I hope this information helps you. Please remember to click accept. Thank you and Happy New Year!:-)

Edited by CamilleRN on 1/1/2010 at 10:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i just had another large movement that was soft with no problems. i will do that, thank you.