Karen RN, BSN
Karen RN, BSN, Nurse
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in Med Surg nursing, Oncology, Neurology, Home health and Hospice

For about the last fortnight I have woken up with nasal congestion

For about the last fortnight I have woken up with nasal congestion on the left side of my nose only. When I blow my nose in the morning there's a small amount of yellow mucus. This morning after I blew my nose I also noticed a taste of blood in my mouth and spat up a small amount of blood. Over the same period I've had a congested feeling on the left side of my face, and a feeling of continuous pressure in my left eye. My left eye has also been light sensitive, and is sometimes painful/burning. These symptoms are really beginning to bother me, I've had colds before but not symptoms confined to one side of my face. Additionally I should mention I'm 13 weeks pregnant.
Category: Health
Expert:  Karen RN, BSN replied 6 years ago.

Hi Thank you for contacting Just Answer. It should like you have a sinus infection. With a sinus infection it is not uncommon to have a small amount of blood wen blowing your nose. You might irrigate your sinus with a Neti Pot using a salt water solution hour. If these symptoms continue you should have sinus x-rays and likely be placed on antibiotics. If you should develop redness on the fact, get a temp >101.5, or develop a headache you should go to urgent care or ED.

If my answer has helped you please indicate so by clicking on the green ACCEPT button. Have a Happy new year. Karen